Greetings composers! 

We're looking for two fanfares for our upcoming Third Annual Gratitude Concert in Chapel Hill, NC.   Here are the guidelines for these fanfares:

• Must be approximately 1 minute long
  • Must be for solo French Horn or solo Vienna Horn
  • Must be celebratory and attention getting! 

Please submit your entry as a reply to this thread, and upload the following files:

• A .pdf file of the score is required
  • An .mp3 file is optional.  
  • Deadline for submission is Wednesday February 13, 2013, 4 pm EST. 

The chosen fanfares will be used at our concerts as:

• Opening fanfare to announce that the concert is about to start
  • After intermission fanfare to announce that the second half is about to start

There will be a professional video made of this concert and the composer of the fanfares will receive a copy of the video, plus have his/her name in the program and in the online writeup of the concert.   All participants will also get a detailed feedback on their piece by horn players, advanced composition students, and teachers.

The upcoming concert is Saturday February 16th, 6 pm Third Annual Gratitude Concert

Good luck!

Harmonia Composition Studio

Views: 907

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Cowboys and Contenders, or: 

Fanfare for an

Emotionally Manipulative Yet

Completely Effective Film About Either

Athletes or Cowboys, Who Triumph in the Face of Adversity

Attachments:

Noah - thanks so much for composing a fanfare, can't wait to give it a blow tomorrow.  Just looking at it, thinking about taking the last line up an octave  - giving it a grand finale.  What say you?

Thanks for playing it, Tim. Feel free to bring the last part up an octave. Can't wait to hear it!

Timothy Dyess said:

Noah - thanks so much for composing a fanfare, can't wait to give it a blow tomorrow.  Just looking at it, thinking about taking the last line up an octave  - giving it a grand finale.  What say you?

NOTE:  The deadline for the Horn Fanfare has been extended:

Deadline for submission is Wednesday February 13, 2013, 4 pm EST.

Fanfare for French Horn

http://youtu.be/KZxnFem69vw

Attachments:

This calls for a drumroll, actually.

No .mp3 because Finale playback is awful, but I'm sure you'll do okay with the score alone ;>

Oh, and I'm not sure about the PDF quality - looks a bit awkward (at least on my side), however, once printed it should be much better. Sorry about that, no idea how to fix it really.

Attachments:

Greg - the .pdf looks great on this side.  I really like the quartal harmonies.  It's also fine with an .mp3.

Gav - looks and sounds great! 

Thanks to you both, and good luck!

Thanks Julie!

Fanfare for French Horn   -   And let rich music's tongue unfold

Attachments:

"...Have sight of Proteus rising from the sea; Or hear old Triton blow his wreathed
horn."          William Wordsworth

Fanfare for French Horn.

Attachments:

Here's my submission.

The title is Latin for 'to direct one's attention to...'

Attachments:

Here's my Fanfare, slightly revised from yesterday. :-)

Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by VirtualArtists.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service