"Angels Sang" rendered from MuseScore

You will hear the choir parts slightly to the left, played by a harpsichord, and the piano accompaniment slightly to the right.

In the attachments you find a pdf with the choir sheet and a pdf with both the choir and the piano. So far this is what you could use to determine whether this could be possible to do with the virtual choir or not. I know that the choir parts are not very easy to do, getting exhausting here and there, something you would rather do in a big choir, where breath pauses can be shared evenly.

I might still upload some versions where I sing the main melody line (mostly soprano) in a male register.

I'm also open to suggestions about the composition and the arrangement. Something could be improved. I know there are places sounding a bit odd, like bar 20, where soprano has D sharp and alto has D natural. Lots of similar things, on purpose. I already discussed with Julia bars 9 -, with the tremulant piano, which might sound to loud and bombastic. I hope I could play it on a real piano for any recording, to get it soft, unless my software piano could do it better.

Views: 319

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

1. Correct. You may want to check with the pdf note. It really is written D C B. Either my xml export or your xml import has failed, if you have D B B in your score. I admit that the text is a bit odd, but it's because of the polyphony. I didn't spend very much time to getting it good. You can read the original lyrics in the soprano stave. Please, feel free to make changes to the lyrics in the other part.

2. Correct. Ok, I've decided to let bass stay on F#2. Soprano and alto have their runs. Tenor has his lovely "Alleluia", short and intensive phrase. I think it's best for bass to have his own thing, which is a long tone.

Just for the curiosity, where have I doubled the melody? I know that the piano accompaniment doubles it here and there, but I don't count that. And no, I don't intend to change anything else. The long bass F#2 is the only thing and that's only because of a richer polyphony: soprano and alto 16th runs, tenor alleluia, bass long pedal tone.

Off to attend my student's premiere!   Be back later.  Your comments make perfect sense.

Here's the latest 4 part, 4 page sheet. Note my way of writing the date to the sheet, to distinguish from earlier versions. 8.12.2013 is 8th of December, as we write it in Finland. By the way, it's Sibelius' birthday today!

Um... here:

Here are the three sound files, with corrections.  Hopefully this is the final version.  When you agree that we have the final version of all files, Johan, let me know and we will do the following:

1.  Close this thread and start a new one which is just about recording the piece

2.  Post the good files to the drop box

When we've done these things, then I'll put the word out to the other singers.   Most of them aren't interested in being in the preliminary discussion, but they do want to sing.   So we can let them know where to go to pick up their parts and where to go to ask questions.  That will be a new thread.   How does that sound?

Attachments:

The bass notes are still wrong, they sound D C# B. They should be D C B. You hear it clear in the TB track, when bass sings the fault C#, then a C in the next bar. Have you any idea where these errors come from. When I read back the xml file into my score editor, the notes are fine. I want to ask, because if we find out what step causes the error, we might find other similar errors. Though all the rest sounds perfectly fine. I don't see any logic there, like your software having other logic rules for when to remember what accidentals in which part.

I haven't asked you to change the bar 3 thing, where soprano sings a 4th on "-nounce" in first verse and two 8ths on "-fil-ling". The 4th stays on B, while the two 8ths are B and A. I guess your software can't play only the 4th note on first time and only the two 8ths on the second time. I couldn't do that with my software without extending the length of the score by copying, pasting and getting rid of the repeat mark, which is way too complicated. Instead I thought of having the tracks as they are, but pointing out to the sopranos to sing the 4th note B on "-nounce", not a two 8th note melisma.

Here are the latest files ... give them your expert ear!!

Attachments:

Perfect!

I hereby solemnly close this thread. All pdf files have been deleted, because each of them had small errors, which have been fixed in the final version that appears in the new thread. We don't want the old files hanging around. You know how it is with real choirs and orchestras and wrong versions of notes.

You still might want to listen to some intermediate versions of various mp3 files in this thread, but the final click tracks will be found in the new thread.

RSS

© 2017   Created by VirtualArtists.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service